Guidelines and Recommendations
- Class members only. No guests allowed.
- You may only attend the class (or classes) that you are registered for.
- Come at least 5 min before class start so that you have time to set up. If you happen to be late, classes usually start with a short meditation/centering. It is VERY DISRUPTIVE to have people coming in and out the room during that period. If you arrive late, please wait outside the room until the instructor indicates that it is OK to enter.
- Turn off cell phones before starting practice.
- Please stay after class for a few minutes to help put away the props.
- We provide props (mats, blankets, blocks and straps) for classes in the Butler Community room but you are welcome to bring your own equipment. In fact, we encourage you to bring your own mat.
- Wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothes (shorts and a T-shirt are fine). You may want to bring a towel. Avoid excessively baggy clothing, jewelry, or perfume / cologne.
- Yoga is practiced with bare feet. Leave your shoes at the door outside of the room.
- Yoga is difficult to do on a full stomach. Try not to eat within 2-3 hrs before practicing.
- If you have health challenges such as an injury, diabetes, or high blood pressure, be sure to consult your doctor before practicing.
- Please tell the instructor at the beginning of class about any health challenges.
- You must to a health waiver (PDF) to participate in classes, which will appear in the online registration process.
Recommendations for More Yoga Classes
- Yoga Above (Nassau Street), especially classes taught by Michael Cremone and Romy Toussaint
- Gratitude (Witherspoon Street)
- Simply Yoga in Kingston (short drive), especially classes taught by David Thurn and Joanna Carter
- Lululemon on Nassau Street offers free classes on Sunday mornings