An Introduction to the Philosophy of Time and Space, Random House, New York 1970.
- Spanish Translation, Barcelona (Editorial Labor, S.A.), tr. J-P.A. Goicoechea, 1978.
- Second edition, with new preface and postscript. Columbia University Press, 1985.
- Formal Semantics and Logic , Macmillan, New York 1971.
- Spanish Translation, Mexico (Universitat Nacional Autonoma de Mexico), tr. J.A. Robles, 1987.
- The Scientific Image,
Oxford University Press 1980.
- Co-winner, Franklin J. Matchette Prize for Philosophical Books, 1982.
- Co-winner, Imre Lakatos Award for 1986.
- Italian Edition, with new preface, Bologna 1985.
- Japanese Edition, with new preface, Tokyo 1987.
- Spanish Edition, Mexico, 1995.
- Chinese Edition, Shanghai, 2002.
- Portugese Edition, Sao Paulo (Brazil), 2006.
- Greek Edition, with new preface, Athens 2008.
- Laws and Symmetry,
Oxford University Press 1989.
- French translation and introduction by C. Chevalley. Paris: Vrin, 1994.
Quantum Mechanics: An Empiricist View, Oxford University Press, 1991.
The Empirical Stance , Yale University Press, 2002.
- Scientific Representation: Paradoxes of Perspective, Oxford University Press,2008
TEXTBOOKS AND EDITED VOLUMES
- Derivation and Counterexample (with K. Lambert), Dickenson, Encino, CA 1972.
- Chinese Translation, Taiwan 1975.
- Revision: E. Bencivenga, K. Lambert, and B. van Fraassen, Logic, Bivalence and Denotation.
Atascadero, CA: Ridgeview Pub. Co. 1986.
- Current Issues in Quantum Logic, edited jointly with E. Beltrametti, Plenum Press 1981.
- Empirismus im XX Jahrhundert; course text published by the Fernuniversitaet, Hagen (Germany), 1984.
- Existence and Explanation, ed. jointly with W. Spohn and B. Skyrms. Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1991.
- Topics in the Foundation of Statistics. Ed. Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1997.
- Possibilities and Paradox:
An Introduction to Modal and Many-Valued Logic (with JC Beall), Oxford University Press, 2003.