| Champion level dancers
- Double registration in two consecutive levels is allowed in silver and above.
A single couple can register in silver and gold, but not in silver and bronze. Champion couples can only register for free if they only dance in Champion level.
- Multi-level couples must dance at the level of the more advanced partner.
- A dancer may register for bronze and silver only if he/she dances with different
partners and neither of these partners is double-registered.
- Same-sex partnerships are allowed.
- There are no restrictions on age or affiliation. Youth, adult, and non-collegiate
competitors are welcome.
- Dancers may compete in newcomer only if they started dancing after August 1st, 2011.
- The accumulation of seven or more points in an event at a particular level according to
the YCN point system makes a competitor ineligible to compete in that event/level
Syllabi and Costumes
- Newcomer and Bronze: ISTD Bronze syllabus for International style, USISTD Bronze syllabus for
American style. No continuity footwork.
- Silver and Gold: ISTD Silver or Gold syllabus respectively for International style, and USISTD,
DVIDA, FADS, AMDS Silver or Gold syllabus respectively or any other major syllabus for American style.
- Syllabus Viennese Waltz and Paso Doble: ISTD Gold syllabus and below for International style, and
USISTD, DVIDA, FADS, AMDS Gold syllabus and below or any other major syllabus for American style.
- Open: Not restricted to syllabus, but no lifts permitted.
- Costumes are allowed in Silver and above.
Conduct and Liability
The organizers have the right to eject anyone from the premises for unruly conduct or for violation
of any of the rules or guidelines. Flagrant disregard of any of the rules or regulations will result
in a mark down of placement or in a disqualification where necessary.
Princeton University and the Princeton Ballroom Dance Club are not liable for any property lost or
damage and injury or other misfortune that occurs during the competition.