Fall 2013 AuditionsCalling all Freshman and Sophomore singers!
September 15th-18th in the Katzenroom (063 Bloomberg Hall)
To sign up:
- Go to this site to access the WASS calendar.
- Login with your NetID.
- Pick an audition time by clicking the "+" in an available appointment slot.
- You should get a confirmation email and reminders before the audition!
- We hold auditions at the beginning of each of the fall and spring semesters.
- If you're interested, come to our Open House! It's September 14th, 10pm-12pm, and you can hear us sing, talk with members, grab some refreshments, and sign up for an audition.
- Auditions take place in the Katzenroom (063 Bloomberg Hall).
- We don't have a limit on the number of people we can accept, nor do we consider voice part or class year as a major factor in our decision.
- Each audition lasts about 15 minutes (they're not as scary as you might think).
- Auditioning is a fun way to get to know the group and definitely a good idea! Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about auditioning and the group in general.
What to expect:Auditioning is a simple and painless process. Our music director will warm you up and get a sense of your vocal range. Then you will be asked to do some pitch-matching excercises and a few swells (singing as soft as you can, crescendoing to sing as loud as you can, then back down). There's also some brief sight-reading. For the last part of the audition, you'll sing a prepared solo a cappella---without accompaniment. This can be any genre, from classical to pop to jazz to musical theater; one member even auditioned with a song from the TV show Family Guy! A member of the group will stop by later that night to let you know if we've decided to call you back.
If you have any questions about the audition process, check out our FAQ page, or if you can't find your answer there, please don't hesitate to contact our president Abby Kelly or our music director Dina Murokh. They'll be happy to provide you with any information you need!
Below is a map of our room, 063 Bloomberg. Bloomberg is at the very bottom of campus, part of Butler College. Hope to see you at our next round of auditions!