- Business Cycle Properties of Selected U.S. Economic Time Series, 1959-1988 (with James H. Stock), NBER WP 3376 1990.
- Confidence Sets in Regressions with Highly Serially Correlated Regressors (with James H. Stock), Revised December 1996.
- Empirical Bayes Regression With Many Regressors (with Thomas Knox and James H. Stock), Revised January 2004.
- Optimal Tests for Reduced Rank Time Variation in Regression Coefficients and Level
Variation in the Multivariate Local Level Model (with Piotr Eliasz and James H. Stock), Revised October 2004.
- Implications of Dynamic Factor Models for VAR
Analysis (with James H. Stock), Revised June 2005.
- Measuring Changes in the Value of the Numeraire (with Ricardo Reis), May 2007.
- Trend, Seasonal, and Sectoral Inflation in the Euro Area (with James Stock), January 2019.
- Aggregate Implications of Changing Sectoral Trends (with Andrew Foerster, Andreas Hornstein, and Pierre-Daniel Sarte), Revised April 2021.
- Low-Frequency Analysis of Economic Time Series (with Ulrich Müller ), September 2020, Draft Chapter for the Handbook of Econometrics, Vol. 7, edited by S. Durlauf, L.P. Hansen, J.J. Heckman, and R. Matzkin.
- Inference in SVARs Identified with External Instruments (with Jose L. Montiel Olea and James Stock), Revised April 2020, Journal of Econometrics , forthcoming.
- Slack and Cyclically Sensitive Inflation (with James Stock), Revised June 2019, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, forthcoming.
- An Econometric Model of International Long-run Growth Dynamics for Long-horizon Forecasting (with Ulrich Müller and James Stock), Revised July 2020, Review of Economic and Statistics, forthcoming.
- Spatial Correlation Robust Inference (with Ulrich Müller), Revised February 2021.