Faculty members submit resignations
June 14, 2019, 3:39 p.m.
Seven members of the faculty have submitted their resignations from the University, effective July 1, 2019, unless otherwise noted.
- Emily Carter, dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Gerhard R. Andlinger Professor in Energy and the Environment, and professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering and applied and computational mathematics, to accept a position at the University of California-Los Angeles, effective Sept. 1;
- Will Dobbie, assistant professor of economics and public affairs, to accept a position at the Harvard Kennedy School.
- Alisha Holland, assistant professor of politics, to accept a position at Harvard University;
- Andrew Johnson, assistant professor of anthropology;
- Francesco Lin, assistant professor of mathematics, to accept a position at Columbia University;
- James Stone, Lyman Spitzer Jr., Professor of Theoretical Astrophysics, and professor of astrophysical sciences and applied and computational mathematics, to accept a position at the Institute for Advanced Study;
- Keren Yarhi-Milo, associate professor of politics and international affairs, to accept a position at Columbia University, effective Sept. 1.