Princeton taking IT network to the next generation, improving speed, security and capacity .
The Next Generation Network project will provide more modern, resilient and secure information technology to campus.
Houston's urban sprawl increased rainfall, flooding during Hurricane Harvey .
Princeton and University of Iowa researchers found that Houston's urban landscape directly contributed to the torrential rainfall and deadly flooding of Hurricane Harvey in 2017. The results highlight the human role in extreme weather events and the need to consider urban and suburban development when calculating hurricane risk.
Breakout Princeton builds on 10 years of immersive service learning .
From wildlife conservation to health care, the Pace Center's student trips examine critical social issues across the country.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid