Tiny polymer springs give a boost to environmental cleanup .
Cleaning up groundwater is no small job, but a team of Princeton researchers is on a mission to make it simpler — using microscopic springs.
NSF RAPID grant awarded for study of how anxiety affects the spread of COVID-19 information .
Princeton researchers have been awarded a National Science Foundation RAPID grant to study how anxiety about COVID-19 influences how we learn and share information about the pandemic.
Giant umbrellas shift from convenient canopy to sturdy storm shield .
In a new approach to storm surge protection, a Princeton team has created a preliminary design for dual-purpose kinetic umbrellas, which would provide shade during fair weather and could be tilted in advance of a storm to form a flood barrier. The researchers used computational modeling to begin evaluating the umbrellas’ ability to withstand an acute storm surge.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid