Shirley Tilghman wins award for 'exemplary contributions to the genetics community and society' .
Shirley Tilghman wins the 2022 George W. Beadle Award.
Princeton will significantly increase stipends to support graduate students .
Rates for the upcoming 2022-23 academic year mark the University’s largest one-year increase in graduate student stipends.
‘Nothing is mandatory, nothing is graded’: What we learned at Wintersession .
From snow sports to bio-inspired engineering to insights from Olympian Allyson Felix, journalist Kara Swisher and ‘Morning Joe’ Scarborough, the Princeton community explored new ideas in the spirit of discovery.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid