President Eisgruber's mid-semester update to the University community .
President Christopher L. Eisgruber's Oct. 19 message to the University community about the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the factors relevant to planning for the spring semester.
Campus Advocates will help promote University health and safety guidelines .
Princeton’s new Campus Advocate program will help support a safe campus environment amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Campus Advocates are redeployed staff who will work inside buildings to educate faculty, staff and students about the University’s health and safety guidelines.
Five scholars join Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts .
The academic interests of the five new scholars in the Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts include material and visual culture, the history of race, philosophy, technology and social change, and sociocultural anthropology..
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid