Nobel laureate Suki Manabe named 'Great Immigrant' for contributions to America .
The philanthropic Carnegie Corporation, which gives the awards annually on July 4, cited Manabe's "groundbreaking work using mathematical models to predict climate change."
Princeton mathematician June Huh awarded prestigious Fields Medal .
Princeton University mathematician June Huh has received the 2022 Fields Medal, often referred to as the "Nobel Prize of mathematics," from the International Mathematical Union. The award was announced July 5 in Helsinki.
Summer Reads 2022 .
Six Princeton professors share their reading lists, reflecting their scholarly and their personal interests. Nobel laureate Sir David MacMillan has queued up some history and biography. Monica Huerta is a horror fan. Find out who's diving back into "Dune."
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid