Employee obituaries: April 2018 .
An updated list of University employee obituaries, as of April 2018.
Professorship and lectureship named for renowned Princeton professor Uwe Reinhardt .
Gifts from Gilchrist B. Berg, a member of Princeton’s Class of 1973, have created a professorship and lectureship in honor of Uwe E. Reinhardt, Princeton’s James Madison Professor of Political Economy, professor of economics and public affairs, and a world-renowned authority on health care, who died Nov. 13, 2017.
Legacy of Nobel laureate Sir W. Arthur Lewis commemorated at Robertson Hall .
A reception and video tribute April 18 in Robertson Hall at Princeton University commemorated the legacy of economist Sir W. Arthur Lewis and the renaming of the building’s main auditorium in his honor.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid