Freedman receives top honor for computer science .
Michael Freedman, a professor of computer science, has been awarded this year’s Grace Murray Hopper Award from the Association for Computing Machinery.
Employee obituaries: May 2019 .
An updated list of University employee obituaries, as of May 2019.
Employee retirements: May 2019 .
An updated list of University employee retirements, as of May 2019.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid