Exposure to violence hinders short-term memory, cognitive control
Being exposed to and actively remembering violent episodes — even those that happened up to a decade before — hinders short-term memory and cognitive control, according to a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Behind the scenes: Making 'Into the Woods'
Director Ethan Heard describes how the Lewis Center for the Arts' production of the musical "Into the Woods" came together through a spring course in theater and music theater.
Historian Cannadine named president of the British Academy
On July 20, Sir David Cannadine, the Dodge Professor of History at Princeton University, started his four-year term as president of the British Academy.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid