What I think: John McPhee .
John McPhee, a Ferris Professor of Journalism in Residence, reflects on his writing process, what he learns from students and the creative nonfiction course he has taught at Princeton for 40 years. His 32nd book, "Draft No. 4," was published Sept. 5.
University opens new child care center .
The new Princeton Childcare Center, which opened Sept. 5, will have space for up to 180 children.
Keohane receives Balzan Prize for international relations .
The International Balzan Foundation has awarded Professor Robert Keohane the 2016 Balzan Prize for International Relations, History and Theory.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid