UPDATE: Box catches fire at Wendell Hall; no one hurt

April 17, 2014 2:05 p.m.

At about 1:50 p.m. Thursday, a Princeton University employee installing a microwave oven in a third floor kitchenette in Wendell Hall placed a cardboard box on a stove and the box caught fire. The fire was put out with fire extinguishers.

No one was hurt.

Princeton Fire Department, DPS officers and the University's fire marshal and staff from the office of Environmental Health and Safety responded. Firefighters were helping to clear smoke from the building at mid-afternoon.

The fire caused no structural damage to the building, which was expected to be re-opened by 3:30 p.m.