First-year students begin checking in for move-in at 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at the Forum of the Lewis Arts complex, launching Orientation at Princeton University for the Class of 2023.
Orientation will be filled with social and bonding activities in the residential colleges and on and off campus. New students will learn more about life at Princeton through information assemblies and open houses for academic and co-curricular activities.
“It’s always exciting when you get to welcome new members of the community,” said W. Rochelle Calhoun, vice president for campus life. “We’re thrilled to greet this diverse class, which reflects the University’s enduring commitment to attract, enroll and support extraordinary students from all backgrounds.”
Below, we’ve listed some of the websites that should be helpful for members of the Class of 2023 and their families during the first few days of the 2019-20 academic year.
- Your Path to Princeton: Your Path to Princeton provides information about key dates and resources to help students prepare for their first semester on campus. It includes a detailed calendar of events for all Orientation activities taking place through the first week of classes.
- Orientation: The Orientation website gives an overview of the activities that introduce students to their peers, their college community, campus traditions and values, and the support available for their success.
- Princeton TigerSafe: The official health and safety app for the Princeton community, TigerSafe is available for iOS via iTunes or for Android via Google Play. TigerSafe is also your source for information on special events, including move-in and Orientation. The special section dedicated to Orientation 2019 links to the full Orientation Calendar, the “My Schedule” feature from Your Path to Princeton and to the residential college websites. To use the “My Schedule” feature in the app, you will have to log in with your Princeton netID and Duo authenticate.
- Residential college websites: Get detailed information about the colleges at their individual websites: Butler, Forbes, Mathey, Rockefeller, Whitman and Wilson.
- Getting to and around campus: The Visit Us page of this website includes directions, parking information, campus maps and information about the surrounding town of Princeton.
For live updates and sharing on move-in weekend, check the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts of the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, or look for the hashtag #Princeton2023 across social media.
Opening Exercises, an annual interfaith service that includes an address by President Christopher L. Eisgruber and the recognition of academic achievements of undergraduate students, will begin with a procession at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, to the Princeton University Chapel for the 3 p.m. convocation. Classes begin at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11.