Faculty chosen for endowed professorships
Posted June 14, 2013; 01:30 p.m.
Seven faculty members have been named to endowed professorships, effective July 1, 2013, except where noted. They are:
- Sun-Yung Alice Chang, the Henry Burchard Fine Professor of Mathematics, Eugene Higgins Professor of Mathematics, effective Feb. 1, 2014.
- Alexandru Ionescu, the Thomas D. Jones Professor of Mathematical Physics.
- Yiguang Ju, the Robert Porter Patterson Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
- Yueh Lin Loo, the Theodora D. '78 and William H. Walton III '74 Professor in Engineering.
- Robert Schapire, the David M. Siegel '83 Professor in Computer Science.
- Paul Seymour, the Henry Burchard Fine Professor of Mathematics.
- James Sturm, the Stephen R. Forrest Professor in Electrical Engineering.