Vice president for campus life search committee formed
A committee has been formed to search for Princeton University's next vice president for campus life. Cynthia Cherrey has announced she will step down from the role in August to become president and chief executive officer of the International Leadership Association (ILA).
Treby Williams, the University's executive vice president, chairs the 12-member committee of faculty, staff and students. The committee expects to work through the spring and student groups will have the opportunity to meet final candidates before a recommendation is made to President Christopher L. Eisgruber.
In addition to Williams, the committee members are:
• Ella Cheng, Class of 2016 and president of the Undergraduate Student Government
• Jill Dolan, the Annan Professor in English, professor of English and theater, and director of the Program in Gender and Sexuality Studies
• Ross Donovan, Class of 2016
• Chad Klaus, vice president for University Services
• Sanjeev Kulkarni, dean of the Graduate School and professor of electrical engineering
• Clayton Marsh, deputy dean of the college
• Michele Minter, vice provost for institutional equity and diversity
• Cameron Moore, graduate student
• Jeff Nunokawa, professor of English and master of Rockefeller College
• Laura Strickler, executive director for administrative planning and secretary to the search committee
• Sankar Suryanarayan, university counsel
The vice president for campus life is the senior University administrator responsible for undergraduate and graduate student life at Princeton. The vice president for campus life oversees Athletics and Campus Recreation, Career Services, the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, the Office of Religious Life, Pace Center for Civic Engagement and University Health Services.
The search committee is working with the firm Isaacson, Miller on identifying candidates for the position.