Video feature: 'We Flourish' celebrates Princeton's Asian and Asian American alumni
Princeton University held a campus conference this weekend to celebrate the stories of Asian and Asian American alumni, while also highlighting the power of coming together as a community. The "We Flourish" conference, which ran from Thursday through Saturday, Oct. 15-17, featured an array of events for registered alumni and their guests.
The full schedule (.pdf) included presentations by alumni, faculty, staff and students; alumni discussion groups; arts and culture workshops; campus tours; and many social events. Approximately 700 people attended the conference.
On Friday morning, conference organizers premiered a video that highlighted the history and experiences of Asian and Asian American alumni at Princeton.
Other highlights of the conference included:
- A conversation with President Christopher L. Eisgruber, as well as remarks by Provost David S. Lee.
- Talks by undergraduate and graduate alumni including: Judge Denny Chin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; Chris Lu, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Labor; Kavita Ramdas, senior adviser on global strategy for the Ford Foundation; Sir Gordon Wu, chairman of Hopewell Holdings Ltd.; Sheryl WuDunn, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author; and Helen Zia, author, journalist and activist.
- Panel discussions featuring alumni, faculty and students discussing a range of topics such as innovation and entrepreneurship, Asian American studies, the undergraduate and graduate student experience, Princeton's Asian and Asian American history, leadership and service, and career development.
- Arts and cultural events including: tours of the Princeton University Art Museum; an Asian night market reception featuring food and entertainment; a performing arts showcase featuring alumni, faculty and student performers; a class on the art of sushi making; and a Taiko drumming workshop.
- Receptions and networking events for alumni affinity groups.
For more information, visit the Alumni Association website and follow #WeFlourish2015 on the Alumni Association's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites.