Welcome, Class of 2021
First-year students begin checking in for move-in at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 2, at Baker Rink, launching Orientation at Princeton University.
The days that follow will be filled with social and bonding activities in small groups on and off campus and in residential colleges, and information assemblies and open houses for academic and co-curricular opportunities. Below, we've listed some of the websites that may be helpful for members of the Class of 2021 and their families during the first few days of the 2017-18 academic year.
- Your Path to Princeton: Since the spring, the Your Path to Princeton website has been providing information about key dates and resources that will help students prepare for their first semester on campus. It includes a detailed calendar of events for the first few weeks of school.
- Orientation: The Orientation website gives an overview of the activities that introduce students to their peers, their college community, campus traditions and values, and the support available for their success.
- Princeton Pathways is the official Princeton Orientation app (available for iOS via iTunes or for Android via Google Play). After checking the appropriate residential college affiliation, students can view their residential college’s calendar, which lists all core events; the Optional Events calendar, which lists any additional events you may like to attend in your free time; and links to several other campus resources.
- Residential college websites: Get detailed information about the colleges at their individual websites: Butler, Forbes, Mathey, Rockefeller, Whitman and Wilson.
- Getting to and around campus: The Visit Us page of this website includes directions, parking information, campus maps and information about the surrounding town of Princeton.
Opening Exercises, an annual interfaith service that includes an address by President Christopher L. Eisgruber and the recognition of academic achievements of undergraduate students, is held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 10, in the Princeton University Chapel. Classes begin at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13.